STUDENTS: Interested in Joining the Aging Well Lab?


If you are a student at the University of Michigan-Dearborn and interested in getting research experience or in conducting your own research project with older adults, come talk to me! You can be a research assistant in the Aging Well Lab in one of three capacities:

  • Independent Study (we sign an independent study contract, you get a certain number of hours during the semester, you get course credit for your work)

    • "Exposure Track"--get a feel for what we do and how we do it.

    • "Project Track"--develop your own project using the Aging Well Lab data or collect your own data on aging.

  • Volunteer (no course credit)

  • Employee (there are times when certain projects require paid staff; paid RA's cannot earn course credit)


Depending on where we are in a project, some things you might be doing include:

  • Coding and entering data

  • Transcribing interviews

  • Recruiting participants at senior centers and senior living facilities

  • Calling participants about the study

  • Assisting or conducting an in-person health interview, function assessment, and cognition assessment



  • The Aging Well Lab WILL be looking for new research assistants for the 2020-21 academic year, so please email Dr. Whitehead ( if you are interested. RA's can be either volunteers or Independent Study students.

© 2014 by the University of Michigan-Dearborn Aging Well Lab.